Thursday, October 14, 2010

Working on a Lesson!

Working on this lesson was a lot of fun! I enjoyed coming up with ideas and, I liked the fact that I was pushed to get a little creative with this. However, I also learned some things I hadn't considered. I never stopped to consider the labor and time it takes to come up with a good lesson for a class. I also never thought that it would mean confronting some obstacles along the way. Another thing I learned about giving a lesson is the importance of time.
First of all, working on a presentation and making a powerpoint was fun. However, it also became a travail. I encountered some many problems in trying to create a unique powerpoint presentation. I was having trouble inserting a clip, inserting sound, and saving it to my computer. Technology was a big headache during this process. Yet, I can see how helpful it can be to have a firm knowledge of technology becasue we are definately in the 21st century and, technology is playing an important role in classrooms today. Therefore, as I was complaining with my computer, I also wished I could take a good class that would sharpen my skills in technology. I can see how limiting it can be for a teacher not to have a firm grasp of this.
Time is something else we didnt consider. We only have 30 minutes to present and it doesnt seem like enough. Consequently, I found myself trying to think of ways to get creative in such a short time period. This is something teachers have to confront on a daily basis. This whole exercise has ben enlightening in certain respects. I am learning from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment