Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Little Bit About Me

Well, like many of you, I'm taking this class because I am seriously considering becoming a teacher. Literature is one of the things I really enjoy and because I enjoy it, I want to share my joy for literature with students. I also believe in the power of literature to educate our minds and its ability to open us up to other experiences and points of view. Thus, I expect to enjoy this class and, I am eager to learn more about literature and literacies that I have not yet learned.

Another thing I can add to this simple introduction is that I am Mexican and bilingual. I am currently trying to acquire another language - French - but due to time limitations, I have not been very successful at becoming fluent. I enjoy translating books, hiking, jogging, music and of course, literature. I am a little shy so it takes a little bit for me to open up which is funny because I'm supposed to be a good public speaker.

Well, for now that is all I can think of. Hopefull, I get to meet you all and I am sure this class will be lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment